Women are Amazing! No sugar coating anything, Facts are Facts! That's why when I got the invite stating the Lauderhill Regional Chamber of Commerce would be revealing the 2017 Women of Distinction Honorees during a VIP reception at the Lauderhill Performing Arts Center I knew I had to be there and share it with all of you!
For those of you who are unfamiliar, Women of Distinction Honorees are powerful women of Broward County who are at the peak of their profession and make significant contributions to improving the quality of life in their communities and are then rewarded for their efforts at the WOD 4th Annual Awards Breakfast taking place on March 3rd. As women we are always so busy assisting others that sometimes it's hard for us to take the time out and recognize our own contributions which is why events such as this are so important. Let's meet this years amazing honorees!
* Dr. Traci Lynn – CEO, Traci Lynn Jewelry
* Nerissa Street – Founder, Be Your Own Answer
* Dee Thompson – CEO, Dee Thompson Speaks
* Karen Pandy-Cherry – President, Refresh Live Foundation
* Sandra Carey – Deputy Consul General, The Bahamas
* Donna Borland – General Manager, VITAS Healthcare
* Sherry Friedlander-Olsen – Founder, A Child is Missing, Inc.
* Ilene Lieberman – First Female Strong Mayor in Broward County
I can't wait to see who will walk away with the title Woman of Distinction 2017. Are you a Woman of Distinction in your community?