Hey yall Hey! Happy Monday!! It's Back to School time in my neck of the woods and FabJr. is actually on his way to the 8th grade! Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday I was walking him into kindergarten and now I'm not even allowed to escort him to the bus stop, Teenagers! It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and in hopes of that excitement continuing , Today I'm sharing with you my Top 5 Tips for having a Successful School Year!
- Get Involved- The simple most important thing you can do when it comes to your childs education is to be involved. Meet the Teachers, Attend Open House, Review your child's work, Ask Questions.
- Set Goals-It's very important that you set goals with your kids for the school year. Make it clear exactly what you expect and listen to them as they tell you what they expect of themselves.
- Set a Good Example-Make sure your kids know the value and importance of a good education. Teach them valuable lessons before they even begin school about its importance. Be a daily reminder for your kids and as their very first teachers be aware of the example you're setting. Not asking for perfection but positivity is required.
- Be Available-I know as parents we all lead very busy lives and it's very easy to get caught up in our own activities but your child's success greatly depends on your availability. Help out with homework, Inquire how your kids days was, look at planners and reports, make sure you are aware of their friends and social media activities. Stay in the KNOW when it comes to your kid.
- Enjoy the School Year-Trust me when I tell you in the blink of an eye it will be over and you'll find yourself wishing you had the opportunity to do it all over again. Enjoy school events and activities with your child. Do you best to make events such as Spirit Week, Homecoming, Parties, Fundraisers enjoyable.
Thanks for allowing me to share with you my Top 5 Tips for a Successful Back to School Year. Have any proven tips that can be added to the list? I'd love to hear from you.