This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyCareGivingStory #CollectiveBias
Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite times of the year. Not only is it the time of year that I gather with my most loved family and friends but as I get older it's also that very special time of year when I reflect back on my life and family and give thanks that I'm still able to celebrate and make special memories with those who mean the most and why Sam's Club Caregiving allows me to put my best foot forward!
I'm not sure if many of my readers are aware but I am the 8th child born in a family of nine and I honestly think it's one of the most special things bout me. While this dynamic trait means large holiday gatherings and lots of food, it also means having to care for and make sure my elderly family members are loved and taken cared of, that's where Sam's Club Family Caregiving comes in.
Sam's Club Family Caregiving is your one stop shop for all your caregiving needs such as prescription refills, health screenings, personal care products such as Poise® and Depend®. Poise® Liners - Light Absorbency are Specifically designed for Light Bladder Leakage (LBL), Poise® incontinence liners stay 3x drier than leading period-only liners**. Poise® Pads - Maximum Absorbency provide even more absorbency to give you the confidence and protection you need for your Light Bladder Leakage (LBL). The absorb-loc® core quickly locks away wetness and odor, while the leak-block* sides provide discreet and worry-free protection. Both of these items are perfect for making sure your loved one is able to enjoy their special holiday experience with confidence.
When you download the Digimarc Discovery app, you can scan anywhere on the Depend packaging, and it will drive you to the Sam’s Club Caregiver website. The new packaging now available on Poise® and Depend® products at Sam's Club: The packaging shows just how much you save by shopping at Sam's Club!
This year Thanksgiving will be even more special because for the first time in years my Family and I including both my Mother and father will be hitting the road for a very special Thanksgiving away. You see with my parents being elderly it's become much harder that it was before to see and visit their loved ones as much as before. Thanks to the comfort of Sam's Club Family Caregiving my mother will for the first time in over 5 years be able to visit her sister in Jacksonville Florida. Here's a little tutorial I created just in case you too will be hitting the roads with an Elderly Family Member!
1. Make sure to do the adequate amount of research and always plan ahead. If you know it will be difficult for your elderly family member to sit up for a long time or even lay down for too long please make sure you know your exact travel time and also if and when breaks are needed.
2. Pay special attention to the Safety, Comfort, and Security of your loved one. I know many of us like to speed and sometimes take chances while traveling on a road trip but please when traveling with the elderly always make sure to think about their comfort, safety, and security before all else. This is the perfect time to create lasting memories with your loved one and you wouldn't want that ruined by making a less than thoughtful mistake.
3. Make sure you have readily available all appropriate medications your loved ones might need. If they take any high blood pressure or insulin make sure not to skip these or any meds and provide them at the times they are normally prescribes or as needed. Its also a good idea to make sure you have pain medication on hand as needed.
4. Make sure your elderly family member is dresses comfortable for the road trip ahead and are wearing comfortable shoes or footing. If your elderly family member is in need of assistance with using the restroom make sure they are wearing something that can easily and comfortable be adjusted for that. Also make sure you have on hand any liners or Fit Flex Underwear that might be needed.
5. Traveling with your Mom and Dad or other Elderly Family member will most likely be one of the best experiences in your life. Make sure that you enjoy it to the best of your ability. Talk, laugh, learn something new about each other and get ready to see a smile as big as the sun on the faces of your loved one. Caring for the elderly is not always an easy job but when done right it's always enjoyable and rewarding.
Thank you for allowing me to share with you my big Thanksgiving plans this year and also why Sam's club is my go to destination when it comes to caring for my elderly family members.
Have you ever traveled with an elderly family member during the holidays and if so what been your most memorable moment so far?